What Do I start With?
FROM WORD OR OTHER WORD PROCESSING FILES: For converting manuscripts from any word-processing format, we used a tiered pricing structure, based upon word count, not pages. Our prices are based upon receipt of a clean, final manuscript, in a word-processing format (Word, Wordperfect, Open Office, RTF, Pages, etc.). We can quote WIP (Works-in-progress), so you don't have to have a final book when you obtain a quote, but you'll want a final manuscript when you finally "push the button" to move into production. (Returning customers receive discounted pricing for ebooks). If you're looking for pricing for this type of conversion, please refer to our Conversion Pricing from Word page. However, the average fiction book will run between $150-$250.00, depending on length, complexity, fonts, etc. (Please refer to the pricing page, thanks, for more details).
Every single book is a custom conversion--and a custom quote.
We assess every single manuscript that comes in for a quote. Repeat clients receive a "fast track discount" to the prior year's pricing, as they've been through the process previously. We offer publisher discounts and multi-manuscript discounts.
What Adds Complexity and Price?
What will add to the cost of your book?
- Significant numbers of internal documents like emails, notes, letters, text-messages, emails, IM chats; numbered or bulleted lists or footnotes; maps or illustrations; embedded fonts.
- Images are charged an additional fee ($20 for every block of 10 images, excluding your cover, which is included in the base price.)
- Books that have been scanned are charged at a higher rate (unless they've been manually proofed, cleaned up and edited first), as they tend to have significant odd characters, broken paragraphs, section breaks, etc., embedded in the output.
- If we have to clean up your manuscript you have broken paragraphs, sentences, didn't use styles, used tabs for indents, lots of empty paragraphs, we charge for that, so the cleaner your manuscript is, the lower your price
- Using images as fleurons will also add to the price.
What Do You Get With Your Conversion?
All titles are created in the two main ebook formats: MOBI (Amazon) and ePUB (for all other eBook retailers, including Nook, Kobo, iBooks, Diesel, Sony, etc.) You receive finished, readable eBooks that you can review on your own devices, or with reading software on your computer that we tell you how to download. You receive review copies during the process. There aren't any surprises.
PDF Files: If you have a fiction manuscript/book in PDF, it will be priced higher than shown here, as conversion from PDF requires additional steps not needed in manuscripts received in a native word-processing format. "Word files" created from PDF's, using online-converters, Adobe Acrobat, etc. will not be given Word pricing, so it's best to simply give us the PDF if that's what you have. Please see our other category, Conversion from PDF, for prices for those books.
Check out some screenshots from books we've converted, on different devices, below (click to zoom), or See our Gallery